Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Explored Unknown.


Drawing is one of my top activities.  I consider it to be somewhat a labor of love.  It is the basic framework to most anything that is considered as visual art.  The more I do it, the more I grow to appreciate it, but every so often I find myself rushing through the process to move on to the next creative layer.

Experimentation is required in drawing in order to make any sort of progress, so I learned in the rendering of my most recent project in my advanced drawing class.


The subject: weather.


In the midst of my beginning stages of experimentation I learned something about myself as an artist and visual thinker; I gravitate to the geometric form, specifically in the categories of line and space (Hard evidence of this is apparent in my sketchbook).


The idea of weather and how it plays into my geometric doodling discoveries is really what got the ball rolling.  Weather is something that is perpetually changing, therefore, change was a theme that I needed to fuse into my line drawing and mark making.


Spiral and curve.  Forms that hypnotize.  Forms that weather patterns adopt in the activity of the eye of a hurricane.  Natural disasters generally happening during a specific season.  Thus, creating concern and interest.


Goals: create a hypnotizing atmosphere, one that is dangerous yet beautiful.  In essence, explore an atmosphere of the beautifully unknown
.

No comments:

Post a Comment