Saturday, February 16, 2013

Purple.

In case you haven't noticed, Lucy and I have strategically chosen the layout of this space to be composed of primarily neutral colors.  The reason for this being we want to be able to excite this space with colors from our own stories and creations, not pre-chosen ones that may have nothing to do with our current ideations.

This leads me to my next point of interest.

Purple.

If you know me well, you know that my favorite color is purple.  It is the perfect marriage of one of the warmest temperatures of color, red, and moving onto the cooler side of the color wheel, blue.  To put it plainly, it is a brilliant range of hues occurring between red and blue.

I generally try to communicate my passion for purple as frequently as possible whether it be in the things I wear, or the canvases that I cover.

You see, not only is purple a color that I like to look at, but a hue that allows me to brighten up a rainy, gray day with the color of my pants, or a shade belonging to the flowers sitting on my desk that remind me of the creativity of my maker, or the wonderful scent of the mediterranean mint, lavender, which instantly calms me.  Not to mention, it was formerly worn as a symbol of royalty or high office.

So heres to you, purple, for being of the most terrific colors out there, and calling my attention to some of the better things in life.


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is adorable! Is there any way to follow through GFC? I would love to stay connected with you two!

    ReplyDelete